Friday, October 3, 2008

Internet Use


I use the Internet for several things like checking my e-mail and doing homework. Unlike my parents, I’m on the Internet almost all of the time. They’re pretty much inexperienced with the knowledge of how the Internet works. As a result, they receive their information from the television or atlases. On my leisure time, I’m online talking to my friends. Lately, I’ve been online longer than I usually am due to continuous school and community service projects. Some of my favorite websites are AOL, NYTimes, and CNN. These websites always keep me updated on current events. Sometimes, I just randomly surf the web and encounter numerous interesting articles. For example, I read a phenomenal news story a couple of weeks ago. The event took place in multiple parts of the world, where extraterrestrial-looking organisms were discovered. One of the species looked like a turtle without any shell; however, its head resemble that of a vulture. This creature washed up on one of the shores in Montauk, NY. Internet use also serves a great purpose for communicating with teachers or distant relatives. I think that many people should learn more about computers and how they benefit the world.

No comments: